Today has been 2 weeks since Miles' surgery. She is healing up & has adjusted so well to being in her cast. On Friday, she told me that she did not want her cast anymore because she could not move around on her own and she could not get to her room without help to play with her baby dolls. I told her that she could get there alone and that she had to practice scooting around. She wasted no time and by Friday night she had figured out how to turn over, sit up and scoot her self across the house! Talk about determination!!! I am pretty sure that I would still be moping around about having surgery and being in the cast after 1 1/2 weeks, but NOT Miles! She had definitely taken lemons and turned them into lemonade. We go to Campbell's Clinic for her 2 week check-up and x-rays tomorrow to make sure that everything is still set right and is healing like it is supposed to. We are praying that everything still looks great and that her hip is still in the socket and stable.
We have finally gotten most things figured out from going potty, bathing, sleeping comfortably, getting dressed, etc... I had no idea how much would be different, even little things like brushing her teeth. Since she cannot stand or sit at the sink we had to find a new way to do that too. Luckily, Miles has not lost her spunk and she is keeping me on my toes! Between taking care of Miles and Madeline, I am falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow at night. ;)
Madeline has really woken up and is such a little smiley girl! She is 10 weeks old and is so much fun! I love sitting on the floor and letting her & Miles play together. They are so sweet and Madeline loves watching Miles and Miles really makes Madeline laugh. When Madeline gets excited she moves her whole body around and has this raspy little laugh. I tell Frank it sounds like she is a cat with a hairball (not the best description, I know, but you get the idea!)
Today, I took Miles to her pre-school to visit and for chapel. She has been wanting to go see her friends and I think she wanted to show off her cast (pink with purple stripes) and her new haircut. She loved seeing everyone and was hamming it up with all the attention she got from all the teachers & friends. She said on the way home that she thinks everyone loved her cast and her new big girl hair (she talked me into letting her cut her hair last night, it is now an inverted bob and we cut about 8 inches off). I did not want to cut off all her hair, it made me sad but she assured me "It's just hair mommy, it can grow back!" How could I tell her "No"? She feels like such a big girl and it really does look cute.
I cannot say thank you enough for all the cards, calls, visits, gifts, meals and just amazing love and support that we have gotten from all our friends & family. We feel so extremely blessed to have all of you in our lives and all that has been done for us has truly made this whole experience so much easier on us all. Miles is loving the visits from everyone and if you ask her what she wants to do each day she says..."see visitors & get my own mails!" It has kept her occupied & helped her not go stir crazy! Thank you all!
Well, it is time for Madeline to eat and for Miles to have a snack...back to work I go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment