Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Anna"

My sister and I share a birthday, but we are 2 years apart age-wise. Our birthday is coming up and last night my mom and sister came over once I had gotten the girls to bed. It was strange to me that they wanted to come over (we live about 20 minutes away) being that the girls were in bed, can you tell Frank and I know our place?!? No one comes just to see us anymore, they come to see Miles & Madeline Jane...really, who can blame them?

Ok, I digress...so my mom and sister came and brought me a birthday present, which is odd not only because it was early, but it was WRAPPED & EARLY and if you know my mom, you know this unusual behavior. ;) So, I opened the gift and it was a pair of really nice dressmakers shears, which I was excited about and a bag of bobbins for my sewing machine. I was really confused because my sewing machine has been acting crazy lately and not working. I took her to the shop 2 weeks ago and got her back only for her to still not be working. UGH!!! I have been complaining to my mom about "Elna" (what I call my machine, silly I know) for weeks and how it sounds awful and keeps knotting up when I sew. Elna is literally older than I am, mom got her before she got pregnant with me and although it is a really good sewing machine, but she's definitely seen better days years. 

Anywho...
THIS IS WHAT THE BOBBINS ACTUALLY WENT TO!!!!!!

My parents & sister got me a BRAND NEW machine for my birthday- and she is named the "Anna"!!!! How much more perfect could it get?!  It is a Baby Lock machine and the series is called the "Anna."  This explains my mom's excitement in giving me my present (that and the fact that just yesterday I asked her to borrow her machine for a project I am working on for Miles' birthday party coming up)

Maybe turning 29 won't be so bad after all...

No comments: