Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rain, rain go away...

We have had rain, rain and more rain lately and I am so sick of it! It is too yucky to do anything and Miles hasn't been able to get outside and play at all, which has made for some long days, for us both.  ;) 
Miles has a new pair of legs...well, sort of. We got her Dora big wheels out of the storage bldg and she is able to use it to get all over the place. The only down-side is she is not so great at backing up and my bare heels have taken some major abuse the past 2 weeks. Oh well, it is a small price to pay for her to have a little more freedom. Frank also mentioned that her steering skills need some work...and we need our baseboards painted, she takes her turns a little sharp! haha.

Last weekend was Easter and I am so ashamed to say I did not get one picture of the girls dressed up. Pitiful, I know. I'll just have to dress everyone up again and make them pose for pictures. (I'm sure Frank will LOVE this idea!)  Miles wore a really pretty blue smocked dress and Madeline Jane had the sweetest little smocked dress with a bonnet. Madeline Jane also did it up big time for her 1st Easter and blew out her diaper right when we got to church which leaked onto her bloomers that were monogrammed. Oh, the joys of the explosive diapers!!!!

I have gone back to work part-time and Miles is staying with my mom 2 days a week and Frank is staying with her 1 day. Madeline Jane started day-care last week on the 3 days that I am working...apparently no one is brave enough to sign up for keeping both girls. (should that be telling me something?? haha!)

Madeline Jane is doing good with day care so far...I on the other hand, have been a basket case. :( I cried most of the day before she started and most of the day that she did start...I have been going on my lunch breaks to nurse her and spend all the time I can with her. Luckily, she is only about 5 minutes away from my work. I know she is in good hands, though & I just pray that it will get easier for me. I think I will have another breakdown when she starts going 5 days a week in June. I cannot imagine leaving her at 6 weeks and am so thankful for this extra time I have been able to be home with her. She is such a blessing and so much fun. I cannot tell you how sweet, snuggly & funny she is. She will be 4 months old next week, the time is flying by and I am trying to soak up every minute of it. She has the best little personality and is really the perfect little addition to complete our family.

We got Miles' appointment for her cast removal...MAY 24th!!!! Whoo-hoo! 4 weeks left! Yay! We have promised Miles that when she gets her cast off, she can come home and soak in a bubble bath with ALL of her bath toys until there is no more hot water. She says she is going to run "for all of the days" once she gets it off. Bless her little heart, she is so excited there is an end in sight. (I think we all are.)

Well, that's all for now. Hope you all have been safe and dry in this wet, wet weather.

sweet baby

This was as good as it got for my attempts at a picture of both girls...

Miles' new favorite activity is riding her big wheels up & down the cove...she calls it "speed race tag."

No comments: