Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Longer Short Weekend

Well, let me start off by saying that every weekend is full catching up laundry, cleaning the house, running errands, grocery shopping, visiting friends & family, lots of playing and enjoying being home together. So, this past weekend was no exception.

Friday, Frank's wonderful mom, "Dede," picked Miles up from school and took her to the park for the afternoon, which Miles loved! Saturday was full of running errands, and trying to decide what to wear for her school pictures Tues. My mom and I decided to make her a dress out of some fabulous fabric that I had and we then all ate dinner with my family.

Miles had a runny nose some during the day and sounded like she needed to clear her throat all day. No fever or anything like that, she just did not seem right to me. So, Sunday morning Frank & a friend of ours Jonathan worked all day on the house doing crown moulding, which looks fabulous, and I took Miles to the doctor to find out that she has a ear infection in her right ear and a sinus infection. She got on meds again (just about 6 wks. ago she had a ear infection that caused her right ear drum to rupture and was on meds for about 2 wks.). I'm gald I took her, cause with Miles you would never know she is really sick, she never cries or complains, just is very attached to me and isn't as active as usual.

Monday was Columbus day, I was off work and kept Miles home for the day and she felt much better, so we picked up one of her friends, Isabella, and went on a marathon day of fun for the 2 yr olds! I took them to the park to play, then we had a picnic snack, ate lunch at Chick-fil-a, went to our house to play and attempt a nap, which did not happen. Then I took them to Milan to the pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins & ride in the wagons. The day was a huge success and both the girls had such a great time, not to metion that they are both so sweet & beautiful.

So, all in all although the weekend was longer than usual, I need another day off to recoup! Oh well, such is life, we will do it all again next weekend with Miles' 2yr pictures, a wedding to attend and going out of town on Sunday for the day.

Our love to all,

F. A. & M.

No comments: